Alt 09-12-2014, 10:59   #45
Purzelinho
TBB Family

Rede von Ron Wyden:

http://www.finance.senate.gov/newsro...0-47951d6186ed

For Immediate Release
December 08, 2014

Keith Chu: 202-224-4515
Wyden Remarks at U.S. International Trade Commission on Solar AD/CVD Investigation

As Prepared for Delivery

Madam Chairman and Members of the Commission, thank you very much for this opportunity to testify today in support of the domestic crystalline silicon photovoltaic solar industry. I appreciate the time and attention the Commission has given to the issues before you today, which are so important to workers and families in my home state of Oregon.

In my role as Chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, I work very hard to make sure that trade benefits U.S. workers and companies. And a big part of my job is helping make sure that trade laws are enforced and our trading partners play by the rules.

The solar industry is an anchor of Oregon’s manufacturing base and is a central driver of Oregon’s innovation economy. It supports high skill, high wage jobs that are critical to helping attract investment and new economic opportunities for the 21st century economy.

Yet the solar industry has been under siege by its Chinese competitors for the last five years. It isn’t that American solar can’t compete; it is because China isn’t playing by the rules.

Chinese solar producers were bankrolled by the Chinese government. So they overproduced and dumped solar panels into the U.S. market at prices that were below the cost of production.

China viewed SolarWorld as such a threat, and these jobs as so strategically important, they used military computer hackers to steal sensitive documents from the company, according to charges filed by the Justice Department.

In short, China cheated and Oregon workers and families suffered. Jobs were lost, capacity diminished, and opportunities were drying up....................
Purzelinho ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten